1. Organise your files - Whilst browsing in Files, swipe-down to display sorting options, such as date and tags and the new folder button
2. Access the dock from anywhere – Switch between apps with the new customisable Dock, available with a swipe-up from the bottom of the screen. Apps you have recently opened and those open on other devices are displayed on the right side.
3. Improve multitasking - Use two apps at the same time with a slide-over app. Touch and hold an app in the Dock then drag it to the screen then to switch to a split view, swipe-down on the window.
4. Drag and drop - Drag text, photos and files to mail, messages and other apps. To drag multiple items, touch and hold an item, drag it slightly, then continue holding while you tap additional items with another finger.
5. Make notes quickly - Tap the lock screen with the Apple Pencil to quickly write a note.
6. Free up space automatically - iOS can remove apps you don’t use. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn on ‘Offload Unused Apps’. If you reinstall an app later, documents you created with the app and all your data are still there.
7. Access all your App spaces - Drag up from the bottom edge of the screen to see your open apps and documents. Tap the one you want to use.
8. Remove webpage adverts - Reader in Safari makes articles easier to read.
When you see the Reader button in the search field, tap it to only see the text and photos, without the ads.
9. FaceTime live photos - While you are on a FaceTime call, capture a live photo by tapping the shutter button (if it’s dimmed, the other person needs to upgrade to iOS 11).
10. Fun live photo effects – Swipe-up on a live photo to choose an effect like loop or bounce.
To order an iPad, iPad Pro or for more information on our iPad support agreements contact our consultants on 020 8979 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewdata is a specialist Apple IT service provider, delivering nationwide Mac Management solutions to businesses, retail, education, healthcare, local government and the financial sector for over 25 years.
Our solutions and services include:
IT Support | Mac IT Support | Cross-platform IT Support | Mac Integration | Apple Reseller | Apple Hardware | Apple Certified Engineers | Zero-touch Deployment | Mobile Device Management | iPad Support | Business Continuity solutions | Data Back-up Services | Jamf Gold Reseller | Centrify Select Partner | Adobe Licensing | Cloud Solutions | Apple Hardware Leasing | IT Accessories | IT Relocation Services | VoIP