CYBER SECURITY

Protect your business against cyber-attacks and breaches by putting simple measures in place and adopting Cyber Essentials good practice for information security.

SAFEGUARD YOUR BUSINESS AGAINST CYBER-ATTACKS

 

Only 2% of UK companies do not operate online, the remaining 98% of us use digital technologies to advance our business daily, including emails, websites, social media and online stores. 

 

However, a staggering 43% of these UK businesses have suffered a cyber-attack or breach in the last 12 months, including hacking, viruses and data theft. A hacker’s focus isn’t just on large corporate companies, 47% of these were small businesses. 

43%

Of businesses suffered a cyber-attack or breach in the last 12 months.

47%

Of the businesses that were attacked or breached were small businesses.

27%

Of businesses have an official cyber-security policy or policies.

80%

Of risks can be reduced by following simple guidelines and measures.

If a cyber breach or attack happened, it might be relatively minor and only minimally disrupt day-to-day operations, but at worst could prevent your business from selling, damage your reputation and affect your cashflow. But, only 27% of businesses have a formal cyber security policy. 

 

The vast majority of these attacks or breaches can be avoided using simple measures, which hackers depend on you failing to carry out.

*Source for statistics on this page - UK Government

PUTTING MEASURES IN PLACE

Cyber Essentials is a government endorsed scheme for businesses to demonstrate a responsible approach to cyber security and adopting good practice in information security. The scheme can help reduce risks by up to 80% simply by following the guidelines and taking appropriate actions. 

 

Cyber Essentials covers five key areas:

• Firewalls and Internet gateways
• Secure configuration
• Access control
• Malware protection
• Patch management

 

As part of our onboarding for Managed IT Services we will guide you through the process and help you pass the assessment - ensuring your IT systems are secure. 

CONTACT US

Have any questions?

If you would like to know more about any of our services please get in touch...

Apple Reseller
Centrify Reseller
Acronis Reseller
Jamf-Silver-Reseller-color.jpg

Connect with us

  • social-twitter-bird-symbol_318-27588
  • linkedin-logo_318-50465
  • Facebook - Black Circle

About us

Viewdata is an expert IT support provider, delivering nationwide support, device management and managed services to businesses of all sizes for 28 years.

We've been passionate about IT since 1991. Our team of highly experienced engineers and project managers deliver comprehensive IT services to effectively manage your IT infrastructure, reducing costs, minimising disruption and improving your operations. 

Our passion, years of experience, commitment and technical excellence provide businesses with proactive, outstanding IT support and services required to maximise IT agility and business continuity. 

©2019 Viewdata Computing Ltd. All rights reserved.

Contact us

Viewdata Computing Ltd

9 Brewery Court

Theale

Berkshire

RG7 5AJ

T: 020 8979 3000

E: enquiries@viewdata.co.uk

Service Desk

T: 020 8979 3000 option 1

E: service@viewdata.co.uk

cyber-essentials-badge-high-res.png